As a school, we use IPEELL to support our teaching of writing. We are part of the Write Across Project in collaboration with the Aspire Trust and the Fallibroome Trust.
- The subject of considerable research all showing significant impact.
- A six-stage structured approach to teaching writing based on real experiences.
- Based on frameworks and mnemonics, which remain constant to all genres, to aid organisation.
- Based on self-assessment, peer-assessment and goal setting - children take ownership of their own work.
- A structure used to develop positive attitudes towards writing.
As well as IPEELL we use a range of high quality texts throughout school. Through modelled texts and the application of spelling, gramma and punctuation the children will explore a range of genres and text types. We have a focus in school on writing for real audiences and purposes.